Unigloves Profile Face Mask
3 ply, Blue, Surgical Type II R Facemask
Choosing the Right Mask for the Protection Required
This advice is written to assist in the selection of facemasks to ensure that the higher levels of PPE are issued only where necessary. This will avoid critical supplies being diverted and will enable them to be issued where they are most needed.
Determine the protection required
If full respiratory protection is not required, and the objective is to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, the most appropriate product would be a face mask. A respirator would be a more suitable alternative where full respiratory protection is needed to protect a worker.
Determine whether a Type II or Type II R facemask is required
Type II medical facemasks are recommended as a means of source control, i.e. they decrease the transmission of a virus by preventing the spread of respiratory droplets produced by coughing or sneezing. Type II R surgical facemasks are also splash resistant and are used in clinical settings to protect the wearer against splashes of blood or bodily fluids..
- Latex free
- Ear loop
- Three layer, non-fibreglass, medium filter
- Bacteria filtration efficiency: 99% (melt-blown filter)
- Integrated nose bridge
- soft latex-free plastic bands
- 50 pieces in a box
- Three layered pleated design, Type II R facemasks have a Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) of 98%, these average at 99%
- Ear loops go around your ears, keeping the mask securely on your face
- Meets the construction, design, operating requirements and test methods specified under EN 14683
- Nose band provides a more comfortable, secure fit
- Made from comforting-to-skin fabric to cover the mouth and nose