Antiseptic for skin, mucous membranes and wounds.
Among the antiseptic and antimicrobial substances, povidone-iodine still occupies its position of lasting importance in everyday human and veterinary medicine. Povidone-iodine products display the broadest spectrum of antimicrobial effect with high clinical efficacy together with extremely low toxicity in clinical practice. Latest formulations of iodine such as Braunol® with povidone-iodine show the same clinical efficacy with avoiding the problem of toxicity. Studies have proved Braunol® to be superior to other antiseptics in assessments of antimicrobial performance against MRSA, fungi and viruses, being the favourite antiseptic to eradicate spores.
- Antiseptic treatment of muscous membranes
- Antiseptic cleansing of burn wounds
- Antiseptic treatment of wounds with cartilage involvement
- Antiseptic treatment of infected dermal wounds including
- Antiseptic treatment of infected dermal wounds including:
- Traumatic wounds
- Postoperative wounds
- Chronic skin ulcers (e.g. venous, diabetic or pressure ulcers)